Important: As the situation is evolving rapidly, please consult this page regularly to be informed of the most recent information related to COVID-19.
Getting to the Îles de la Madeleine
- For information on travel between the provinces, please consult the Gouvernement du Québec website or the Tourisme Îles de la Madeleine website.
Health Guidelines On Board the Vessel: 2021 Summer Season
- You must arrive at the boarding dock at least 1 hour before the departure of the ship (low season) and 1 hour and 30 minutes before the departure of the ship (high season). According to our boarding policy, latecomers will automatically be relegated to the waiting line of vehicles and will lose their guarantee of having a place on this crossing.
- Wearing a face covering is mandatory at all times inside the ship, except for eating.
- Hot menu, alcoholic beverages and non-alcoholic beverages are available on board the ship. Check out our On-Board Services section for full details.
- All people travelling by car must remain in their vehicle to board the ship.
- Once on the car deck, stay in your vehicle until a crew member allows you to exit. Prepare your belongings, since you will not be able to return to your vehicle after the ship leaves.
- Once on the service decks, you can freely choose a seat in the place of your choice. Please keep the same seat for the duration of the crossing.
- All food sold on board is presented in individual packaging that is 100% compostable.
- Therefore, for any cancellation, including personal reasons related to COVID-19, our reservation cancellation policy will be applied.
- In the specific case where CTMA Ferry is forced to cancel reservations due to the implementation of public health measures related to COVID-19 limiting the number of passengers on the ship or otherwise, we will fully reimburse the cost of the reservation.
- The order of cancellation of reservations would then be made from the most recent reservations to the least recent of the affected routes.