COVID-19: There is no vehicle standby line and all persons including pedestrians and cyclist must make a reservation.
Travelling without a reservation
If you have been unable to obtain a reservation on the desired date, you can always try to board the ship from the vehicle standby line.
Here’s how it works:
- Even if the ship is fully booked, a few spaces may become available once you are on the dock. For example, if people change their reservation at the last minute or if vehicles take less space than estimated, places may become available for vehicles without a reservation.
- On average, a few vehicles without a reservation manage to board the ship on each crossing.
- If you have a later reservation but manage to board an earlier crossing than your scheduled date, your deposit can be automatically applied to this earlier crossing.
- You can enter the line of vehicles on standby as soon as the previous crossing has left (e.g. if you wish to board the crossing on Saturday at 8:00 a.m., you may place your vehicle in line once the 8:00 p.m. crossing on Friday evening has left).
- If you do not manage to board the ship, it is important that your vehicle remain in the standby line to maintain your boarding priority for the next crossing.